Tuesday 7 October 2008

Getting money and giving money!

I had half a day free, so decided to fire up a session for a few hours. I played 3.2k hands, it was a pretty crazy day.

Well basically I can't get the image to work (edit: just did.. see below) but in the first 900 hands I went down around -6k.. by the end of the session I was up around 6.5k!

Very happy with how this ended, cos obv I was pretty mad about how it was going. I def felt that I kept my composure while down large amounts, and got on with playing my own game.






Over the weekend I visited a site called World Vision (http://www.worldvision.com).

It's basically a charity site where you give a donation of $30 a month to sponsor a kid from a very poor background. I know poker players who always say yeahhhh I wanna find a decent charity to give to that doesn't take ages to set up. If you are one of those ppl - this is really easy (no kidding, you actually add donations to your basket!). Also under reliable sources found out it's pretty efficient in donating the actual money etc.

So I sponsored a 9 year old girl from Peru with the same birthday as me.. info:



Mary Luz lives with her brother, 1 brother, and 1 sister. Her brother struggles to provide for the family.

Mary Luz is growing up in a poor community in the Latin American country of Peru. Typical homes are constructed of wood, adobe or cement bricks. The roofs on these small homes are made of corrugated iron or straw. Children and their families survive on a diet high in carbohydrates like potatoes, corn, noodles and bread. Peru's terrain is picturesque with its high mountains and deep valleys.

Mary Luz is in primary school and she enjoys mathematics. She helps at home by washing dishes. She likes to play volleyball. She is in satisfactory health.



Apparently they write to you, so that will be fun to see. I always said I'd do it, just guess I decided now I was earning enough money I wouldn't really notice it, but someone else would.

Now if the poker gods want to repay me in karma, thats totally fine with me.



Jin: What's your name?
Mei: Mei
Jin: Mei?
Jin: Every girl here is named after a flower. Why is yours so plain?
Mei: I don't want to compete with those others girls. The flowers here can hardly be called flowers. Real flowers bloom in the wilderness.

(HOTFD)

No comments: