Wednesday 10 September 2008

Pretty shitty day.

I woke up pretty late today (like most days). Got in a few hands.. quickly lost $1k, through a few 70/30's (in my favour) then grinded it back to even, before heading out to pick up my new glasses then football training.

Football training was brutal for me. I'm not the fittest person even when I'm in my fully fit state.. but the poker lifestyle isn't doing me any favours at the moment.. we did plenty of running and my calfs were burning!

I get back, eat, and put a session in. I ended up playing 2k hands across 888 and ipoker for a loss of $6.7k. In the words of David Benefield "this made me sad".

I thought I played a couple of hands pretty badly. Butttt for the most part I ran like crappp. It felt like I was getting 3bet CONSTANTLY and I never had a hand. Sometimes I would try to defend with a marginal hand.. but no joy for the most part. Then when I finally got a big hand someone had a bigger hand. I lost count of the time AK missed the flop in 3bet pots, it was disgusting. I won 3 pots over $500 and lost a shit load.

So I'm pretty disappointed. It's tempting to get right back into it, but I don't think I'm in the right mindset, which I think is pretty damn important. So I have finished for the night. I think I'm around +12k for the month which is below where i would like to be but I thinkkkkk I have had two 10 buyin downswings already.. which is not normal in 20k hands, I don't think, and also it's pretty stressful to have two 10 buyin downswings in 10 days.

I think I may go out tomorrow before playing. I always seem to find that sorta gets me ready to start playing a little better, I dunno why, maybe it gives my brain a while to get started after waking up or something. In fact I'm sure thats the case, cos I know immediately after I wake up my brains working at like 1%. So I'll go out to buy stuff for uni as that's like 2 weeks away. I'm not particularly excited or nervous about it, but I'm def not looking forward to moving day.


For now I'm off to put Joe's losing session cure into action..

(22:39) Joe...: think about a lovely slice of cheese
(22:39) Joe...: then go have some
(22:39) Joe...: u will feel better

If 'slice of cheese' is a euphemism for 'wad of thousand dollar bills' I'm pretty sure it would make me feel better.


Rob

No comments: