Thursday 1 April 2010

Downswinginggggg!



The last 5 days all I have done is lose. Ended +8k (5k unrecorded). Decent amount of hands. I think I'll better that in April. Also 40k above EV was a shock when I looked! Sure didn't feel like it. But then obv, EV is not the only form of variance in poker.

Currently on a 50k ish downswing, hopefully I come out of that soonish. Losing is hard when your sole purpose is playing. It's fine normally at uni, as I have to do other stuff, and can go out lots. It's Easter break now though and I've allocated lots of time to solely play poker, when losing it's tough, you don't really want to play more, then obv don't have too much else to do.

I'm gonna add some annoying points seeing as they're fresh in my mind from the last few days.

  • Getting slowrolled in a 300bb pot with Khigh flush, against an Ahigh flush (no paired board)
  • Losing with an over-fullhouse to a straightflush, which caught two nice cards on the turn and river.
  • Guy being on tilt open shoving $2k with AA, when I'm in the BB with KK.

Enough moaning. Should be a good month of poker. Also going to Joel Robuchon, some football games and a few nights out with friends in random places.

Good luck!

No comments: